Programming Is Like Sex
Programming is like sex because...
• One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.
• Once you get started, you'll only stop because you're exhausted.
• It takes another experienced person to really appreciate what you're doing.
• ...Conversely, there's some odd people who pride themselves on their lack of experience.
• You can do it for money or for fun.
• If you spend more time doing it than watching TV, people think you're some kind of freak.
• It's not really an appropriate topic for dinner conversation.
• Public schools don't do a very good job teaching kids about it.
• It doesn't make any sense at all if you try to explain it in strictly clinical terms.
• Some people are just naturally good at it.
• ...But some people will never realize how bad they are, and you're wasting your time trying to tell them.
• There are a few weirdos with bizarre practices nobody really is comfortable with.
• One little thing going wrong can ruin everything.
• It's a great way to spend a lunch break.
• Everyone acts like they're the first person to come up with a new technique.
• Everyone who's done it pokes fun at those who haven't.
• Beginners do a lot of clumsy fumbling about.
• You'll miss it if it's been a while since you've done it.
• There's always someone willing to write about the only right way to do things.
• It doesn't go so well when you're drunk, but you're more likely to do it.
• Sometimes it's fun to use expensive toys.
• It usually goes faster when you do it alone.
• When women hear guys bragging about it, they become disgusted.
• If you're not careful about how you do it, all sorts of nasty bugs can appear.
• ...And debugging is annoying, painful, and very embarrassing.
The original list was written on Push cx can be found here.